The Prix Schläfli of the Swiss Academy of Sciences (SCNAT) is one of the oldest prizes in Switzerland. Since the first awarding in 1866, 104 young talents in different natural science disciplines have been distinguished.
The prize has the following aims:
- Promote young talents (promotion of young scientists and support of academic excellence) in the different natural science disciplines;
- Highlight the importance of young scientists in the Swiss research landscape;
- Increase the Academy’s visibility in the Swiss science landscape.
Prix Schläfli 2018
The Prix Schläfli will be awarded by the Swiss Academy of Sciences (SCNAT) for excellent scientific articles resulting from PhDs in the following areas of natural sciences:
- Geosciences with a focus on the theme: A Habitable Planet
- Pure or Applied Mathematics
Eligible for nomination are young researchers who did their doctoral thesis at Swiss Universities or of Swiss nationality. The candidates must have defended their doctoral thesis between 1 November 2014 and 31 October 2017. Nominations can be submitted by the supervisor of the candidate or by a SCNAT member society.
Nominations are submitted via an online form before 31 October 2017.