The NCCR Chemical Biology is urgently looking for two enthusiastic young scientists to participate in a public outreach event this summer at the EPFL. The 2017 Summer school in chemistry and biochemistry for 11 to 13-year-old youngsters takes place during the week of Monday August 07 – Friday August 11 and is jointly organised by the NCCR Chemical Biology and the EPFL Science Outreach Department (SPS).
We are recruiting two young researchers that will communicate their enthusiasm for science and run simple biochemistry experiments with the twenty 11 to 13-year-olds who attend the camp. The experiments are already designed and the facilitators will be trained.
If you love science and are willing to share your interest with youngsters, this offer is for you!
You will need to:
- Be fluent in French.
- Be comfortable around young adolescents.
- Be available for:
- Training: 4 half-days until the end of May, i.e. 3 x 3 hours of training with Nolwenn Chavan at UNIGE and 1 x ½ day of homework at home (reading protocols, etc.)
- Facilitation: the camp runs on:
- August 09, 10 from 09:00 to 15:30
- August 11, from 09:00 to 11:00 and 14:00 to 16:00 plus time for setting up and closing the set-up each day.
You will receive an honorarium for your participation.
If you are interested, please contact Nolwenn Chavan by March 24, 2017.