The international Symposium on Chemical Biology will take place from January 22 to 24, 2020 at the Campus Biotech in Geneva. This international meeting of high scientific calibre will bring together leading scientists to feature the latest advances within the broad field of Chemical Biology and foster an open and dynamic dialogue!
We anticipate the participation of researchers with different backgrounds and we plan to offer an environment that will enhance interaction and foster cross-pollination among global researchers from this exciting multidisciplinary field. The meeting will comprise 2 keynote addresses, 11 plenary lectures and 2 short talks from outstanding invited speakers in Chemical Biology. There will also be four sessions of poster presentations. Three hundred participants from Swiss universities, various research institutes in Switzerland and neighbouring countries are expected to attend.
Junior scientists (PhD students, postdocs) that are not members of the NCCR Chemical Biology may apply for a Symposia Fee Waiver/Travel Grant (CHF 200) when submitting their abstract. The scientific organizers will select the recipients of this award based on scientific criteria (interdisciplinarity aspects and quality of research, degree of innovation). Trainees from young assistant professor labs are given priority support. Lab location and gender criteria are also applied.
List of confirmed speakers
- Prof. Geert-Jan Boons – Utrecht University, NL
- Prof. Thomas Carell – Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Germany
- Prof. Dorothee Kern – Brandeis University, USA
- Prof. Floyd E. Romesberg – The Scripps Research Institute, USA
- Prof. Chris Schofield – University of Oxford, UK
- Prof. Pamela Silver – Harvard Medical School, USA
- Prof. Alice Y. Ting – Stanford University, USA
- Prof. Keiko U. Torii – University of Washington, USA
- Prof. Wilfred van der Donk – UIUC/ HHMI – University of Illinois, USA
- Prof. Jim Wells – UC San Francisco, USA
- Prof. Jin Zhang – UC San Diego, USA
- Prof. Yimon Aye (EPFL)
- Prof. Bruno Correia (EPFL)
- Prof. Beat Fierz (EPFL)
- Prof. Sascha Hoogendoorn (UNIGE)
- Howard Riezman, Director NCCR Chemical Biology (UNIGE)
- Christian Heinis, Co-director NCCR Chemical Biology (EPFL)
Venue & accommodation
The Symposium on Chemical Biology will be held at the Campus Biotech, a new Swiss institution which results from the unique partnership between two major Swiss academic institutions, EPFL, a world leader Institute of technology and the University of Geneva, in the top 100 universities in the world, with the goal of becoming an outstanding center dedicated to research in neuroscience.
The conference will also represent a perfect opportunity to visit Geneva, a multi-faceted city of humane dimensions that sparkles as one the prettiest cities in Europe.
Website of the international Symposium on Chemical Biology: http://symposium.nccr-chembio.ch/
Online registration: from September 2, 2019.