The 4th edition of the International Symposium on Chemical Biology will take place from November 8 to 10, 2022 at the Campus Biotech in Geneva and online for the first time! This international meeting of high scientific calibre will bring together leading scientists to feature the latest advances within the broad field of Chemical Biology and foster an open and dynamic dialogue! Since its first edition in 2015, the Symposium will be held for the first time in a hybrid fashion to attract both in-person attendees and virtual attendees and rally the international community of chemical biologists!
An impressive array of 14 international leaders in the field of chemical biology will collectively cover a great diversity of topics including:
- the discovery of plant enzymes that catalyze unusual or unprecedented enzymatic transformations
- the engineering of chemical approaches to visualize and manipulate biochemical activities in living cells
- the molecular and cellular analysis of Parkinson-disease-related-kinase LRRK2 and its corresponding PPM1H phosphatase.
Whether in-person or online, participants to the Symposium on Chemical Biology will be exposed to new areas of research, allow for the cross pollination of ideas and targeted networking. The outcome of this unique learning experience comprises additionally for the in-person audience extensive poster sessions and ample time for discussion after each talk while the online audience will be able to actively participate, comment and ask questions, for targeted networking/ conversations.
Participants from Swiss universities, various research institutes in Switzerland and neighbouring countries are expected to attend the in-person event while expanding virtually the audience to a global scale.
List of confirmed speakers
- Prof. Sarah O’Connor, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology (Germany)
- Prof. Kai Johnsson, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research (Germany)
- Prof. Tomas Kirchhausen, Harvard Medical School (USA)
- Prof. Gijsje Koenderink, TU Delft (Holland)
- Prof. Stefan Kubicek, CEMM (Austria)
- Prof. Prisca Liberali, Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (Switzerland)
- Prof. Suzanne Pfeffer, Stanford University School of Medicine (USA)
- Prof. Hagan Bayley, University of Oxford (UK)
- Prof. Paola Picotti, Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
- Prof. Ulrich Schopfer, Novartis (Switzerland)
- Prof. Sara Sigismund, University of Milan & Istituto Europeo di Oncologia (Italy)
- Prof. Jim Wells, University of California San Francisco (USA)
- Prof. Christina Woo, Harvard University (USA)
- Dr. Adai Colom, Biofisika Institute (Spain)
- Prof. Howard Riezman, Director NCCR Chemical Biology, UNIGE
- Prof. Andrea Ablasser, EPFL
- Prof. Charlotte Aumeier, UNIGE
- Prof. Aurélien Roux, UNIGE
- Prof. Pablo Rivera-Fuentes, EPFL
More info about the International Symposium on Chemical Biology
Participants have the choice to register either for the in-person event in Geneva, Switzerland or for the virtual one.
Registration to the International Symposium on Chemical Biology will open on March 1, 2022.
Deadline for early-bird registration apply to the in-person event only: June 30, 2022.
3 price categories: PhD & predoctoral students – Academic attendees – Industry attendees