From 27 – 29 August 2017, the NCCR Molecular Systems Engineering is organizing the first biennial International Conference on Molecular Systems Engineering (ICMSE) in Basel.
The ICMSE focuses on the emerging field of molecular systems engineering and will bring together world leaders in the characterization and engineering of complex chemical and biological systems. The three-day conference will highlight exciting strategies of assembling synthetic systems into molecular factories allowing the chemical modification and transport of molecular compounds, nanoreactors that convert energy and functional modules that work in complementary fashion to convey reactants along spatially designed reaction sequences. The conference will also focus on how these engineering approaches can be used for the development of cellular and medical diagnostics, for therapeutics, and for the control of cellular systems in health and disease.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Stefan W. Hell, Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2014
- Ben L. Feringa, University of Groningen, Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2016
- Frances H. Arnold, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena
- Lee Cronin, University of Glasgow
- Hagan Bayley, University of Oxford
- David Tirrell, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena
- Bert Meijer, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Andreas Plueckthun, University of Zurich
- Joachim Spatz, Max-Planck-Institute for Medical Research, Stuttgart
- Erik Winfree, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena
- Krzysztof Palczewski, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
- Martin Fussenegger, ETH Zurich, D-BSSE
- Wilhelm T.S. Huck, Radboud University Nijmegen
- and many more.
Profit from the ICMSE early bird registration fee valid until the end of May 2017 : CHF 450 (as of 1 May: CHF 490) for regular participants and CHF 250 (as of 1 May: CHF 290) for Postdocs and PhD students.
Once registered, each participant can submit an abstract for a talk or a poster. Deadline: end of May 2017. The ICMSE Scientific Committee will then assess abstracts and nominate selected speakers for the ICMSE main conference and participants for the ICSME poster program.
The registration website will lead you to further links for accommodation. After the registration is completed, every participant will receive a confirmation mail and a link to submit his or her abstract for a talk or a poster.